We understand the importance of looking after the Personal Information that you provide and this notice (“Privacy Notice”) sets out what Personal Information we collect, why we need to collect it, how we will use your personal information and how long we will store it for.
When collecting the data specified in this privacy notice, we (CVS (UK) Limited) are the Data Controller.
We will keep our Privacy Notice under regular review. This notice was last updated on 25 February 2021.
How we use your information
We will process your personal information insofar as it is necessary to deal with any enquiry you submit via the Website. Our legal basis for processing your data depends on what you are contacting us about. More often than not it will be based on your consent if it is a general enquiry however if you are a practice owner looking to sell to us then it will be for the performance of a contract.
We may collect your name, address, email address and telephone number so that we can identify you, respond to your enquiry and deal with any correspondence. Please remember to let CVS know if any of your information changes as soon as possible to ensure the data we hold about you is accurate.
Personal information is also used for things like testing out IT systems, research, data analysis, improving our site and developing new products and services. Please note, this is all anonymised and aggregated so you aren’t identifiable.
We are also legally and contractually required to use any of the information above for the purposes of preventing and detecting fraud, against either you or us.
How long we keep your information
We will only store your personal information for as long as necessary to support the purpose for which it was originally collected.
We may hold some of your personal information with other organisations, where data is stored in the cloud or needs to be shared externally to deal with your enquiry for example. Where we do, we ensure these organisations only keep the data only for as long as necessary and adhere to our retention and deletion policies.
Sharing your information
We are required to share your personal information in certain circumstances to ensure that we are able to deal with your enquiry appropriately. Data may be shared with relevant personnel within CVS Group. In each case we will only share the data necessary for the purpose and it will only be in relation to the specified purpose. Each recipient is required to have in place comparable data security measures and to be fully compliant with relevant data protection legislation.
We will not share your information with any third parties for the purposes of direct marketing.
Where we store your information
All of the personal information we process is stored within the European Economic Area (EEA). Therefore, we can guarantee that your data will be handled in accordance with the UK and EU General Data Protection Regulation.
You have a number of rights relating to your personal information, which are as follows:
- The right to be informed about how your personal information is used, most of which is within this notice.
- The right to access personal information we hold about you.
- The right to rectify personal information we hold about you if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to request that we delete your data, stop processing it or collecting it in some circumstances.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, or have any questions, please contact us via the contact details at the end of this notice. For further information on your rights, please refer to guidance from the ICO.
How to contact us
If you have any questions about this notice, want us to stop using your information or exercise any of your rights then please don’t hesitate to contact us via the following methods:
Data Protection Officer
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us via the contact details above.
You can also complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) if you are unhappy with how we have used your data. Our ICO Registration number is Z7208449.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. By law, we are permitted to store cookies on your machine providing that they are essential to the operation of the site (“Strictly necessary cookies” as set out below), but for all other we need your permission to do so.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed.
We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.