Your Career At CVS
We are a great place to work and have a career.
We are a leading veterinary group that aims to provide the best clinical care as well as providing a great place to work and have a career.
We want to retain the very best people to enable us to deliver the best possible care to animals.
Our veterinary professionals are given the freedom to make the best clinical decisions for their patients, whilst sharing best practice across our company.
We are clinically focussed, foster a collaborative and supportive working environment and assist all colleagues in achieving their career aspirations.
Why choose CVS?
- We have 500 practices in urban and rural areas, in the UK, the Republic of Ireland and further afield in the Netherlands and Australia.
- Once you join us, we will be able to satisfy your career, location, development and professional aspirations - without you ever having to leave us.
- We recommend and provide the best clinical care every time. We are clinically led and our new Clinical Governance Framework cultivates an environment in which high standards of care can thrive and cultivates a culture of continuous improvement.
- We offer the best learning, education and development. Our people are at the heart of everything we do. We have industry leading LED, multiple sites for on-the-job training, and a network of experienced colleagues offering support.
- Equity, diversity and inclusion. We want to be veterinary company people most want to work for – regardless of who they are, how they identify, or their background. Our colleagues tell us that feeling included and being able to be themselves is vital to feeling engaged. So we want to foster an inclusive and equitable workplace environment where everyone feels welcome and nurtured.
- We prioritise the wellbeing of our people. Every decision takes our people into consideration. We offer enhanced benefits and policies to support our colleagues’ wellbeing and progress.
- Our continuous clinical improvement also relies on cultivating a “just culture” where learning is continuous, diverse perspectives are invited, challenges are welcomed and people feel psychologically safe to speak up.
- Our vet, veterinary nurse and graduate salaries are very competitive. We offer one of the most extensive ranges of benefits for colleagues on the market. We are as flexible as possible in all our roles, and we have forward-thinking policies.
- We provide great facilities and equipment. In the UK, our practices meet the rigorous Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons voluntary Practice Standards Scheme standards. We are also investing up to £50m million each year in our practice facilities, clinical equipment and technology to improve standards of clinical care and our colleague and client experience.
Our diverse practices, hospitals, Advanced Clinical Service Network and VetOracle have a wide variety of roles, including general practitioners, advanced practitioners, certificate holders, specialists, and pathologists. The breadth of our group sets us apart.
Many colleagues develop their career with us in specialist roles and our people can explore careers in various specialisms, procurement, marketing, operations management, acquisitions, as well as veterinary medicine. We promote from within - and encourage secondment and permanent opportunities across our group.
We invest time and money in colleague’s careers.
Regular check-ins are held with all colleagues to discuss career aspirations, progression and to set career pathways.
We support diverse career development, helping vets and nurses to change direction and move laterally and vertically.
Career pathways are developed for every colleague to prepare them for future roles and progression.
For our vets:
- There is the ability to move from general practitioner, advanced practitioner, and certificate holder, to internship or specialist.
- There is the ability to move into management roles.
For our nurses:
- We promote skills development and enable them to work to their maximum legal capacity.
- A “nursing career pathway” offers progression across first opinion, referral and equine practices.
- There is also the ability to move into management roles.