We are passionate about your development at CVS and our ambition is to provide you with the best opportunities to develop your skills and progress your career.
Our Learning, Education & Development (LED) Team is dedicated to help you with your learning journey and our industry leading online learning platform, called Knowledge Hub, will allow you to plan and manage your development. We believe that individuals differ in their learning requirements and hence offer a huge range of online and face to face learning opportunities to match people’s needs, according to their personal preference and individual learning style.
Clinical development opportunities include:
- A range of internal courses designed and delivered by experienced CVS colleagues and external speakers to help you meet your Continuing Professional Development (CPD) needs.
- A “no-hassle” centralised booking and payment system for you to book external CPD courses and conferences.
- A range of internships & residencies – for more information, please visit cvs-referrals.com.
- Nursing apprenticeships – we are proud to support the next generation of RVNs and have over 300 SVNs in training with us at any one time.
- RVN development – we created our Nursing Excellence Programme in partnership with the Royal Veterinary College (RVC), which offers accredited training in modular subjects that include: Diagnostic Imaging, Emergency and Critical Care and Anaesthesia & Analgesia.
- In our Laboratory Division, we are proud to support colleagues to gain additional qualifications in specialisms that include: BSC (hons) Biomedical Science, MSC Veterinary Epidemiology and MSc Haematopathology.
Non-clinical development opportunities include:
- Professional Qualifications and Apprenticeships in a range of disciplines, including:
- Leadership and Management.
- Human Resources.
- Customer Services.
- Leadership and People Management –a range of bespoke internal and external courses.
- Wellbeing and Personal Development – courses on first aid for mental health, resilience and stress management.
- Customer Care – courses on customer care, handling challenging situations, bereavement and many more.
To find out more about development at CVS, search current vacancies or to sign up for job alerts, please visit careerswithcvs.co.uk